Thursday, June 15, 2006

This morning I spent some time reading my son Winter's school journals. He'd actually thrown them all out, but I rescued them from the trash. I put aside all of them to keep in his 'keepsake box', which is a collection of things from over the years that I think he will be happy I saved for him.

His journals are a collection of writings based on his daily/weekly events, and all of them are really funny. He's got a bold sense of humor, my littlest guy. He writes of sledding in the snow, his cat Spaz, his love of hurricanes and tornadoes. He mentions his plans to move down south when he's older, so he can live in 'tornado alley'.

I had a hard time putting his papers down to get ready for work, but eventually did (after I finished reading all of them.) Sometimes Winter's grades aren't all that good, but after reading how he sees the world around him, and knowing how much passion the little guy has for learning (mainly about weather), I'm not worried... he'll do just fine. :)

No comments: